This Ukrainian Russian sponge cake is delicious and easy to make with minimal ingredients
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 210 g sugar
- 130 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180c
- beat 6 large eggs for 1 minute on high speed.
- add 1 cup sugar and continue beating 8-10 minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixture one third at time
- stop mixing when no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour in equal 2 nine inch tray
- bake for 25 min to 30 min until top is golden brown.
* Decoration is up to you or filling
Chef Omar Jabri