Omar Adnan Jabri
Delicious Lemon Cheesecake made from scratch. This easy baked Lemon cake has buttery crust and tangy cream cheese filling topped with sour cream fresh blueberries.
How To Prevent Cheese cake from cracking ?
follow these steps
- Don’t over mix your cheesecake. After you add the eggs, only mix on a low speed – and only until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add a teaspoon or two of cornflour to help stabilize the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake cheesecake on a low heat.
- Leave cheesecake in the oven to cool gradually after it’s finished baking.
Tips For Making A Perfect Baked Cheese Cake
- make sure you are using a FULL FAT block of cream cheese the thick one.
- Your cream cheese must be at room temperature.
- Don’t over mix your cheesecake filling.
- Bake on a low heat.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the oven 1 hour with the door slightly ajar. Then let it cool at room temperature.
- Place cheesecake in the fridge before slicing. I recommend keeping your cheesecake in the fridge overnight before serving.
- 300g Digestive biscuits, broken into pieces
- 115 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 500g full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cornflour or corn starch
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- Fresh blueberries, or red berries to serve
- Icing or powdered sugar, to dust, optional
- preheat oven to 170c , line the bottom of an 8 inch spring from pan with baking paper.
- add cookies to a food process and mix until crushed .place them in large bowl. melt the butter then pour over cookie crumb and mix well.
- pour the crumbs in your pan and press down to form one even layer .then put it in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat again. Then add eggs, one at a time, beating on a low speed until incorporated.
- Add fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, sour cream and cornflour and beat briefly until combined –but try not to over mix.
- Pour cheesecake filling over cookie crust and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until it no longer wobbles in the middle. Try not to over bake it as it will continue to cook as it cools. Leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar (with the oven turned off) for at least one hour.
- Remove cheesecake and leave to cool at room temperature before transferring to the fridge. The cheesecake is best left in the fridge for 3-4 hours (or overnight) until it cools completely and becomes nice and firm before slicing.
- To serve, top with sour cream and fresh blueberries. Dust with icing or powdered sugar.